|Back to the questions . . .|
Dwarf Heritage Apple
Can anyone suggest a suitable dwarf heritage apple tree I could plant? I live near the coast in Kaikoura and would like a sweet tasting apple tree that is disease resistant.
- Biesterfelder Renette (Germany before 1905) juicy, aromatic, good disease resistance, hardy tree
- Cornish Aromatic (Cornwall, England well before 1813) firm sweet with acid bite, disease resistant, rediscovered in Karamea
- Egremont Russet (England before 1872) firm, nutty flavour, good disease resistance
- Laxton's Fortune (England 1904) juicy, sweet with wonderful aroma, exceptional disease resistance
- Tydeman's Late Orange (England 1930) rich aromatic flavour, good disease resistance
Contact Harrison Trees, RD1, Palmerston North, (06) 357 0054, for Kay Baxter's list of heirloom fruit trees.